Are you looking for a mental health professional who can help you process your emotions? Or do you need help with a certain mental health issue that you’re facing right now? You might be considering getting a free online counselling and therapy session.
First, let us try to understand what online counselling and therapy is. We also need to understand if free professional counselling and therapy really exists or not? And if it does, would free online counselling and therapy even be useful for you?
What is online counselling and therapy?
Online counselling and therapy is something through which people can get access to mental health services. It is one of the easiest ways to find and talk to a certified therapist.
The mediums through which online counselling and therapy sessions take place are chat, text, phone and video call. Some people find it more convenient than face-to-face consultations.
Consultation with a certified online psychologist costs less than in-person consultations. But its effectiveness is the same.
What are the benefits of online counselling and therapy?
Online counselling and therapy has the following benefits-
- Anyone who has access to the internet can get online counselling and therapy.
- Online therapy is usually cheaper than face-to-face consultations but equally effective.
- Many people find it more comfortable to discuss their problems and issues online rather than in a face-to-face therapy session.
- Since online therapy and counselling is conducted over the internet, a person physically does not need to travel to another location. Hence, it is simply more convenient for most people seeking therapy. It also saves travel time and cost.
- Another important factor is geographical barriers. If the psychotherapist that you want to consult with stays in another state or country, then online counselling and therapy is a great option for you.
Is online counselling and therapy suitable for me?
You might be wondering if online therapy and counselling is suitable for you or not. Online therapy is suitable for any person who wants to make their mental health better.
Anyone who is willing to listen to the given advice and work on their mental health can get online counselling and therapy.
However, certain conditions related to mental health might require direct management. It is best for people with psychosis or schizophrenia to get a face-to-face consultation.
Is free online counselling worth it ?
You may have many questions such as, “Is there such a thing as free online counselling and therapy”? “How can mental health services be free”?
“Why would I not want free mental health services”? “Would free online therapy and counselling be worth it”
The truth is that free online counselling and therapy is available. However, there’s no saying how effective the free online mental health services are.
The quality of free online therapy and counselling is something that can’t really be regulated. Hence, you may not always get the best possible care.
However, when you are using paid online mental health services, you often talk to well-trained mental health experts.
They are certified therapists who have studied the craft in detail. Also, they carry enough experience in mental health issues which helps them in solving the issues you’re facing.
Please keep in mind that issues with mental health are a sensitive matter. Receiving the wrong advice can cause further damage.
It is advisable to seek out the best options for therapy rather than free online counselling and therapy.
Reasons why you should opt for the best online therapy instead of seeking free online counselling and therapy –
- Finding top-quality mental health services should be your focus. You should also focus on finding an online therapist that is suitable for you.
Before starting your online therapy sessions, you need to ask questions that would help you get connected with the therapist that’s right for you.
- In some cases, therapy may take some time to work. In fact, it might take many online therapy sessions for you to see an improvement in your mental health.
Many people who seek free online counselling and therapy keep changing their therapist. This ends up doing more harm than good.
- If the first ever therapy session of your life is not good, then you may decide to never seek online counselling and therapy for mental health again.
When a person receives free online therapy and counselling, it may often be of inferior quality compared to the paid mental health services.
How can OnlineCounselling4U help?
The certified therapists at OnlineCounselling4U are available 24/7. You can speak to them from the comfort of your home.
Our therapists can speak to you in any language you’re comfortable with- Hindi, English, Punjabi, Bengali, Marathi, Urdu, Telugu, Tamil, Malayalam, Gujarati, Kannada and Odia.
The types of online counselling and therapy we provide include depression counselling, relationship counselling, addiction counselling, abuse counselling etc.