Manas looked very stressed and disappointed as this was the 3rd time in the month when he couldn’t perform in his bedroom with his wife. He was 35 and was married for the past 5 years. Every time he tried to make it with his wife, it just wouldn’t happen and they were seriously trying for a baby. When he went for a check-up, it revealed that he has Erectile Dysfunction. The same was the case with Krishi who was 45, which took off the sheen from his marriage. He was stressed most of the time. His wife was distressed and fuming over his under performance. Yes, they both were suffering from Erectile Dysfunction.
Erectile Dysfunction is a problem in most of the men, age 50 yrs. and above. It is also called an impotence in men. This is a problem with the erection in the male Genital Organ which hinders their Sexual Life.
Having a problem with erection once in a while is not a major cause of concern. But when it becomes a regular phenomenon then seeking a doctor at the earliest is the best advice. Near about 30 million men are affected by erectile dysfunction. It is a very common problem in men. But the matter becomes serious when it occurs in the early years of men affecting their Sexual Life. That is before 30 years of age.
Erectile Dysfunction is mostly a problem associated with aging issues of most men, just like women attain menopause, the same way men too have to go through Andropause. It means a full stop in their sexually productive years. It is a default by nature. But when this is experienced in the young years of life, then it disrupts their relationship, physiological, psychological, and emotional well being. A deteriorating sexual activity, and the quality of sexual life effects the confidence of men.
Many reasons can cause Erectile Dysfunction in men.
Reasons For Erectile Dysfunction
- Seldom experiencing a dysfunction is not a matter to worry, as stress, anxiety and depression could be the possible reason. But all the three adversely affect the sexual well being of a man. Hence, when it becomes a regular phenomenon, one must seek a sexologist/ andrologist/ urologist and a counselor to rule out the cause
- Diabetes is one of the major culprits that cause Erectile Dysfunction in men. It also causes early ejaculation issues and low sperm count. Hence the sugar levels must be put under check all the time
- High Blood Pressure too is one of the problems to cause Erectile Dysfunction. The medication that is prescribed for high BP contains a certain chemical, which may cause Erectile Dysfunction (ED) when used for a prolonged period
- Smoking and drinking too causes erectile dysfunction
- Having a cardiovascular disease also caused ED. Generally, ED is associated with some hidden major/ minor vascular issues. Hence a thorough examination is always advisable
- Blockage in the arteries
- Being over the age of 50 years can cause Erectile Dysfunction. Aging is one of the major reasons for ED
- Substance abuse (DRUGS) causes ED
- Certain medicines, that are used to cure certain diseases may also cause Erectile Dysfunction
- Prolonged use of steroids for treating certain health conditions may also cause ED
- Being obese and lacking exercise causes ED
- Prostate Cancer, enlargement of prostate, post prostate surgery, or any issues related to prostate can cause ED
- Erectile Dysfunction may be an early sign of a more serious hidden health condition
- Most often ED is caused when the blood flow in the penis nerves are damaged
- Hardening of arteries may also cause ED
- Chronic kidney disease
- Pyronine disease
- Surgery of the urinary bladder
- Radiation therapy
- Distortion of pelvic muscles
Symptoms Of Erectile Dysfunction
Erectile Dysfunction is a condition when a man finds it difficult or almost impossible to hold the ERECTION, firm enough for SEX. Erectile Dysfunction (ED) is a warning sign of Cardiovascular Diseases. It indicates blockages that may be building in a man’s vascular system. Men with ED are at a significantly higher risk of getting a heart attack, stroke, or circulatory problems in the legs. ED causes:
- Low self-esteem
- Low self-worth
- Lack of confidence in one own self
- Distress for both the partners
- A decrease in sexual activity and affects the quality of sexual life
Treatment For Erectile Dysfunction
Generally, treatment includes Oral Medicines, Injections and Counseling.
- VIAGRA and related medicines are prescribed to treat Erectile Dysfunction.
- INJECTIONS are to be given below or on the side of the male genital area. Both stimulate blood circulation in the penis and erection may last for one-two hours. Some may face certain side effects of medicine like a severe headache, high blood pressure, mood swings, etc.
- Some Serums, lotions, and creams are also prescribed to stimulate blood circulation in that area
- Owing to the fear of side effects many men opt for optional medical sciences like Ayurveda, Homeopathy and the like
- One can also seek Physiotherapy. Yes. A physiotherapist can help a man with certain exercises to strengthen the pelvic muscles and messaging with correct strokes, that will stimulate blood circulation in the penis. This will eliminate the risk of the side effects of tablets and one can hold the erection too
- A VACCUM PUMP DEVICE is also available in the market. That will help one to hold the ERECTION.
- TESTOSTERONE THERAPY is a male hormone therapy that is prescribed. As a low testosterone level also causes ED
- SURGERY is the last option for any case. Minor surgery is performed to clear the blocked nerves in the penis, that is creating an obstruction in the flow of blood thus leading to ED
Managing Erectile Dysfunction
ED is a common problem in men. It is a physiological condition that also affects one’s psychological well being and sexual life adversely. Hence one has to manage it mindfully.
- Good exercise to stimulate blood circulation
- Weight management
- Diabetes management
- Blood pressure management
- Stress, anxiety and depression management
- Healthy lifestyle
- Regular check ups to avoid any unforeseen health condition
- Being regular with medicines
- Good sexual stimulation from partner. Some times a good stimulation and a prolonged foreplay too helps a man with Erectile Dysfunction
- Breaking The Monotony. Doing things, the regular way takes away the required stimulation from the sexual activity making it boring. Hence be innovative. Keep trying new things, and openly talk to your partner about your sexual fantasies. Sometimes this helps, much better and faster than any other thing
Taking Counseling Session
Counseling is an integral part of Erectile Dysfunction as one has to live with it while managing it. And it adversely affects the well being of the person. One should not shy away from discussing things with a Counselor/ Psychologist. The therapy and strategies are given by the Counselor / Psychologist help one to overcome the fear, frustration, negative mindset, low self-esteem, and confidence issues that arise due to Erectile Dysfunction.
One can also opt for online counseling sessions. That is equally effective and fruitful. Talking to an online counselor takes off the pressure of facing anyone in person and thus feeling nervous to discuss intimate issues.
OnlineCounseling4U offers the best counseling services. Here we have the best trained and experienced counselors who will help you with overcoming the shortfalls in sexual life due to Erectile Dysfunction.
Call Now And Book A Session Today To Avail The Best Counseling Services
Ph. No. : +91 9811335150
E-Mail : email@example.com