How to get over a Relationship Break Up
We humans are blessed with many complex emotions. Owing to which we form relations. Relationships of many types. But the one we hold the most close to our hearts is the relationship with our beloved. Beloved can be a girlfriend, a boyfriend or spouse. It’s the most beautiful form of relationship that makes us feel complete whether a man or a woman. But what when this relationship doesn’t work out and there is a fall out from it?? What to do when there is a BREAK UP??
A break up can be the most emotionally draining stage of life. It’s really heartbreaking for one, to go through it or even to see someone going through it. Whatever the reasons could be, for the breakup, it’s emotionally and mentally traumatic. One goes through a lot of emotional and mental stress during this phase. One feels terribly lonely. Depression can creep in making things worse.
Effects of break up on a person
- One loses interest in everyday activities
- One chooses to be in a closet and stop socializing
- One goes through the hell of mental and emotional stress
- One finds it difficult to focus in regular activities that one once enjoyed doing
- Also, it becomes difficult to reinvest emotions in new relationships due to mistrust. Therefore, the individual can find it difficult to form trust in both old and new relationships
- Some take negative ways to put up with breakup like alcoholism, drugs, self harm, indulging in unsafe relationships, too much of social media to avoid loneliness,
- One feels depressed to extreme levels and feels suicidal all the time.
Now let’s learn how to deal with a break up in any relationship:
A break up is not an easy situation to deal with. But one has to be very optimistic towards life and keep on going.
- Talk to your family members and friends openly about the break up. Opening up about your issues helps them understand you better.
- Always believe you have your family and close friends for you, and they will always be there to support you.
- Your family and friends will be never be judgmental about you and they love you unconditionally.
- Try to involve yourself in some physical activity like, exercise, yoga, going to the gym.
- Take up some hobby this will generate some positive thoughts in the mind and will deviate you from those sulking negative thoughts.
- Always think about the positive things and memories of the past relationship.
- Never hold grudges.
- Accept the fact that what is gone is gone.
- Try to move on in life.
- Book Online Relationship Counselling session or appointment with certified counsellor.
A break up brings in all the negative thoughts and emotions with it. It brings in all the stress and anxiety. One should try to fight back with great will !!
When things go beyond one’s control, one should seek a professional’s advice. Taking counseling from a counselor gives a breathe of relief. One can pour out one’ heart easily.
There are online relationship counseling services available. Where one can maintain anonymity and share one’ deepest fears and feelings. A counselor is a trained professional, who is trained to listen to the problems and give solutions. A counselor helps you better to get over the break up. They come up with many strategies, and solutions depending upon the person and one’ severity of the problem.
Love is the most beautiful thing that can happen to anyone. But everyone is not blessed enough with fulfilling, lifetime committed relationships. Well, whatever, it was LOVE once upon a time!! Accept it and move on with Life!!
Book an appointment with the best counselors today!!
We understand you better!!