Learning disability are problems that affect our brain’s ability to receive, process, analyze or store information. Learner’s with learning disability have problem to learn quickly as other learner’s who are not affected by these problems. Approximately 4 million children and teenagers are suffering from learning disability. But learning disability does not have anything to do with the learner’s intelligence; they can also succeed academically or can hold an intellectual demanding position.
Researchers do not identify exactly the causes of learning disability. But some possibilities include:
- Problems during birth
- Neurological problem
- Environmental impacts
Signs of learning disability:
- Learner’s difficulty while speaking, reading, communicating, or paying attention in class.
- Mostly learning disability are categorized into verbal and non verbal:
a. Verbal disability is also known as dyslexia; learner’s find difficulty with words. They are unable to recognize letters and sounds associate with them.
b. People with non verbal learning disability have difficulty in making sense of visual details. They are unable to understand what they perceive.
- The other sign of learning disability is the behavior condition known as ‘Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder’. Learner’s often easily get distracted and can’t concentrate at their work.
If the learner who suffers from learning disability does not get proper support and care then they may experience anger , frustration, anxiety, stress which can lead to low self-esteem, low confidence and other problems may also arise. By proper counselling learners can Solve all the problems that arises due to learning disability and can restore and build a strong sense of self confidence and self esteem. If you are suffering from learning disability then our counselling could help you to overcome your problems.
Benefits of our counselling:
- We will help learner’s to make strategies to cope out with the particular disability they are suffering from.
- We will help learner’s to develop their own strengths and passion .
- We will help learner’s to improve their attention span, ability to focus and also to control their impulses.
- We will help learner’s to be proactive.
- We will help learner’s to accomplish their dreams and goals focusing not only on their weakness but also strengths.
Learning disability cannot be totally cured or fixed as it is a life long challenge. But with appropriate support and intervention people with learning disability can achieve success. We can promise to help you building a solid foundation for lifelong success overcoming all your problems.